Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 160

    Memphis to New Orleans

    January 2, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 0 °C

    Down the Mississippi if you miss a skip you’re out - a skipping chant when I was a kid and being able to spell Mississippi as quickly as possible are two childhood memories of the old man river. Today we travelled Memphis to New Orleans not exactly following the Mississippi but staying close just the same and completing our journey in the delta area of the mighty river.
    Because I had booked our tickets online Amtrak had all of our contact details and when the train was delayed and delayed and delayed some more we received texts notifying us of the predicted new arrival time of our train in Memphis. This was good and gave us time to have breakfast at the hotel before leaving which would not have been possible had the train been on schedule. The train finally arrived two hours late and we were on our way.
    The landscape from Memphis to New Orleans is relatively flat.The crops, of course, have all been harvested and the landscape is dry and brown, during the other three seasons I can imagine that the farmlands are a picture.
    It was still light when we arrived at our destination then grabbed a taxi to our apartment.
    Read more