Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 155

    Beale St and Rock n Soul Museum

    December 28, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ -1 °C

    The famous Beale Street is a pleasant walk from our hotel. The sun is shining but the temperature is dropping. The east side of the states is plummeting into a big freeze and the freeze is reaching its tendrils down into the way south.
    Beale Street once was a predominantly black neighbourhood - an area of housing, businesses and the launchpad district of many famous rock and soul musicians. The street was mostly demolished many years ago and what is now left is a strip of bars and restaurants. Many places have their themed statues - here in Memphis it is the guitar. You can find many up and down the street, all painted by different artists.
    The Rock n Soul Museum is nowhere near to the scale of the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville but we both really enjoyed it as we were a lot more familiar with the artists than we were in the Country Music Museum. All museums are interesting, however, when you are learning something you didn’t know before regardless of the topic. More trivia facts to stow away in the memory cells. Will they ever be retrieved again. Who knows?
    Read more