Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Boise, ID

    August 4, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    August 4, 2017

    Weather: 105 and sunny

    Hours Driving: 6 hours 39 minutes

    States Drive Thru: Oregon and Idaho

    Miles: 431

    Restaurants: Boise Fry Co.

    Movies:

    Games:

    Books: Dog On It (Biddy), Dunkirk (Matt), Tuesdays At Morries (audio-everyone)

    Hotel: Springfield Marriott

    Today, we ate breakfast, found a post office to send postcards to themselves, and set off for Boise Idaho. Uneventful drive. It took us almost 7 hours. We listened to Tuesdays at Morries. Everyone seems to like it.

    We arrived a Springfield Inn Marriott to 105 degrees and it felt like it. Boise is a really nice, clean, updated city. We really like it. Lots of restaurants and nice places to be outside. We are impressed. The kids swam a bit, then we headed out to dinner to a place recommended by my sister-in- law Missy's friend who live here (i think). First of all, it is on the same street as the capital building which is gorgeous. Boise Fry Co. is a burger and fry place that is eco friendly and diet/health friendly. first you choose your burger type like bison, beef, vegan. Then you choose your style with various toppings. Then, you choose your potato for your fries. I had a burger on a gluten free bun. We ordered 5 different kinds of fries: purple potato, sweet potato, a fry cooked in rabbit fat and sprinkled with truffle salt (yummyy) and a couple of other potatoes. Then you pick a house made sauce. All different kinds that complement the kinds of fries. Pretty neat place and when in Idaho....eat potatoes.

    On the way back to the hotel, our car was making a weird noise. At first, we thought it was the tire. Ugh. Not again. It wasn't thank goodness. Some piece of metal under the bumper by the tire came loose. We just took it off. I let you know if the bumper falls off tomorrow. The kids swam again and now everyone but me is sleeping. Tomorrow we will hang out in Boise for a bit and then on to Salt Lake City.
    Read more