Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Sedona AZ

    April 23, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Weather: 70s and beautiful

    States: Arizona

    Cities: Williams, Flagstaff, Sedona

    Miles: 63

    Hours: 2 hrs 48 min (driving there, through, and back)

    Sites: Sedona, Red Rock PInk Jeep tours

    Restaurant: 89 Agave

    Hotel/Home: Lovely Little Log Cabin in Williams VRBO #1083110

    Movies:

    Audible: Resisting Happiness (get you thinking book- has a religious base- it is good)

    This is a book that you can listen to a chapter (short) and ponder it.We are listening to it

    in bits. Everyone seems to like it.

    Today was a great day. We got up leisurely, had breakfast, and headed to Sedona for the day. Paul and I have been there and we like it there. We thought the kids would, too. We stopped in Flagstaff for an oil change which Ford was supposed to do at the last check up I had. Grrr. The drive to Sedona is beautiful. You travel through the mountains along switchback roads with breathtaking views. It still amazes me on these road trips how different every turn of the roads can be. The types of rocks change, the shapes of the rock changes and the trees change from one area to the next and sometimes only a few miles apart. Once you traverse the mountains to Sedona, the layered red rocks begin to frame the landscape. Where the day before we were looking into the Grand Canyon, now it feels like you are in it. It is a stunning landscape.The town emerges from the red rock nestled tightly into what the locals call their island within the rocks. It is strikingly beautiful.

    We packed a lunch and had a little picnic before exploring the town. We went in and out of gift shops which Ben just did not understand. “Everything is the same in every place. Why...?” Dad, “I know. It doesn’t make sense. Come on.” After we wandered for a while, played some instruments in the street and pet some animals, we checked in for our Jeep tour which started at 4 PM. We grabbed some homemade ice cream and waited for our tour.
    Read more