Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,010

    Charleston

    March 30, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    This evening, we are going to mosey on into Charleston to have a treat and hit the bookstore. We stopped at Barnes and Noble for Matthew to get some more books (that he could read while we were in the store.) We drove into Charleston around 8 PM. The streets were so dark. We couldn’ figure out what was going on and where the people were. There were people just walking to nothing it seemed. They say the city is haunted. Maybe they are people at all come to think of it. We drove around a bit until we found an area very similar to Birmingham. We parked our car. Everything was closed. Stores. Restaurants. We kept walking until the stream of people got thicker and thicker and thought they must be going somewhere. They were. The City Market was open an open air market with vendors and artists. The fresh produce area was not open though. We were looking for a snack. We walked through the market and we found a sweet lady who made plant based vegan cookies. She tempted me with a chocolate espresso. It was glutin free and dairy free. Let me tell you, delicious. The kids even thought so but....they’re MINE! I’m kidding (sort of). I can’t eat half the things they can so when I find something good, I hoard it like the squirrel in Over the Hedge. “I like the cookie.” They got a fresh squeeze Arnold Palmer and I got a fresh Indian coffee with notes of peanut butter. We ended at Bubba Gumps so the kids could get a snack (not our first choice but not terrible). It was a nice night. Sunday, we will be back in Charleston for Easter Mass and brunch.

    Though it was a rainy lazy day, it was kind of nice to veg out. Lay like broccoli. Nobody complained. Makes you feel like you are here a lot longer. It is supposed to be gorgeous the rest of the weekend.
    Read more