Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 9 & 10 Lake MacDonald/Cooroy QLD

    June 15, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Day 9 - Up early to take Maz into Gympie for an evaluation of the windscreen. Windscreen guy was extremely helpful with options. Decided in the end to repair instead of replace, just in case I have another chip or crack on my way home. Will replace when I get home. Rest of the day was spent chatting and researching the our family tree. Found an awesome Great Uncle who was killed in action at the end of WW2. He definitely racked up a huge amount of offences while in the army. Enlisted or conscripted, not sure which, early 1941 but never saw action until early 1945. His first foray into action he was killed. Such an interesting story!
    Lots of laughing and speculating on his deeds and why he was such a rebel.
    Day 10 - Eumundi Market Day. Had a lovely morning walking through the market stalls, such a beautiful array for goods, from clothing to crafts and food. Bought wood fire pizza bases for dinner and some lovely candles from the Crackling Candle Co. these candles have a wood wick and have the most amazing aroma. Got some for gifts and for myself.
    Tonight we had homemade pizza for dinner using the pizza bases we bought at the market. With bubbles 🍾🥂 and a fire 🔥. Great way to finish off a lovely day.
    Read more