Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Bath

    May 1, 2022 in England ⋅ ☁️ 50 °F

    Typical English weather…misty and drizzles all day. Regardless, we walked to the Royal Crescent which is a semicircular row of 30 townhouses built in 1774 as a country home for aristocrats…impressive. We took a tour of the No. 1 Royal Crescent residence which is now a museum to get a glimpse into everyday life of that period. It was an immersive experience with film and sound about the fictitious Nott family…really enjoyed it. We also walked by The Circus, three segments of townhouses forming an open circle built during the same time. Circus is Latin for circle.

    We headed down to the city center again to wander, walked to the Pulteney Bridge over the Avon River and stopped the the Bath Bun Tearoom and tried the popular Bath bun (recipe dating to 1769). It’s a sweet bread with nib sugar, dried currants and a chunk of hard sugar tucked inside, served with clotted cream and preserves…yummy!

    We met Jamie, our tour guide, and the other 23 in our group, took a walking tour and dined the The Salamander where we sampled 3 different ales, had a nice dinner (tried lamb) and had a famous British dessert called Sticky Toffee Pudding.
    Read more