Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Area around Conwy

    May 7, 2022 in Wales ⋅ ☀️ 55 °F

    It’s a gorgeous day here in Conwy. We headed up in the Carneddau Mountains to a working farm and met Gareth Wyn Jones and his wife, Rhian. We watched his dog, Max, demonstrate sheep herding. His family has been there for over 300 years. He has had tv appearances and was a YouTube star with Jack Whitehall’s show. He has the gift of gab and entertained us. He showed us the new litter of puppies…so cute!

    Then, we took off to Caernafon to tour the Caernarfon Castle which was part of the system of English garrison castles that Edward I built to enforce English rule over North Wales 700 years ago. The Welsh on the whole do not like the English, and our Welsh guide was pretty obvious on her wish to be free from England.

    In the afternoon we took a drive to the spectacular Snowdonia National Park and drove through some of beautiful scenery. Riding on the bus made it impossible to take pictures, so I just enjoyed it. We stopped for an strenuous uphill hike to see 2 lakes. I made it for about 20 minutes or so and returned with others to wait it out!

    We were a little tired after this fun-filled day, so Rebecca, Wendy, and I had a no fuss dinner at Parisella’s who are famous for their ice cream. We had a savory ham and cheese crepe and of course some ice cream! My new favorite is a white chocolate caramel crunch!

    Had a little scare today. Our tour guide got pinged last night on the phone and was asked to take a Covid test. Somehow someone he was in contact with tested positive. He tested negative and so did our driver. It’s always a little bit of a worry. If we would test positive we would be off the tour immediately. We’re trying to be as careful as possible.
    Read more