Satellite
  • Day 12

    You're the cabin defense for polar bears

    September 22, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    Things I never thought I'd hear in my life...."You'll be kept back with the other person and you two will have to protect the cabin and yourselves from polar bears." I'm not sure what exclusions are in my life insurance policy but surely they haven't thought of that one!

    The weather is looking good for tomorrow which means I will be heading out to an island with a cabin, and apparently, lots of bears. Not to worry, I don't think anyone has ever died there. They did however, start keeping two people at the cabin after a lone person got chased to the roof by a bear and had no one to help him until the crew returned, or so the story goes. So now, two stay. See, safety first!

    I got all sorts of fun goodies thanks to my generous employer. The Arctic ain't nothing if it isn't sexy. Shoo-wee...some really hot items here. Rain jacket parkas and winter ice boots. Insulated rubber boots...it does not come hotter than that folks. High heels and stilettos...pssshh....institution green, thick rubber boots that enlarge your feet by 4 sizes is where it's at! It's like a push up bra for your feet....you automatically get 'enhanced' multiple sizes!

    I'm off to enjoy my last night of civilization! This cabin they tell me of is supposedly just big enough for 2 bunk beds (so 4 people with beds) and a very small kitchen--something like 12x12ft altogether. I was told to prepare for anywhere from 4 days to unknown. Sure, that's easy enough. How much fun will this be? Me and three of my new best friends enjoying the 12ftx12ft cabin (hope no one has gas). What a way to meet your boss, huh?!
    Read more