Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Cabo, Mexico

    January 6 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We arrived in Cabo about an hour and a half early.
    Cabo is a tender port.
    I am happy to report that we had the most rocking and rolling last night to date.
    We went to the World Cafe for breakfast and/or coffee.
    Our tour was to meet in the Star Theatre by 10 AM so we headed there at about 9:30. By 10:10 AM we were headed to the tenders.
    We had an amazing tour called "Whale Watching in the Sea of Cortez". Although we did not technically make it to the sea of Cortez, we saw a ton of whale activity. The younger whales have just recently been born. They are practicing breaching. We saw mothers breach followed by the baby breaching. They were also slapping their fins against the water. It was hard to get good photos because the seas were a bit rough which I thoroughly enjoyed. Our boat was a larger boat and wanted to keep its distance from the whales so as to not frighten them. I will post more pictures after I have a chance to process the photos that we took on our cameras. In the meantime, I will post one that I took with my phone.
    After the whale watching, Bob and I walked around the marina and headed to one of our favorite restaurants in Cabo, The Office. We soon had a margarita in hand, feet in the sand, and we're eating chips, pico de Gallo, guacamole, calamari, and coconut shrimp.
    After lunch, we caught a water taxi back to the other side of the marina. We bought a couple of hats before heading to the ship's tender for the ride back to the ship.
    It was a perfect day in Cabo.
    Now for dinner at the Chef's Table.
    Chef's table tonight featured Asian Panorama with Peking Duck. It was good but we preferred the Xiang menu.
    Read more