Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 87

    Singapore, Singapore

    March 15 in Singapore ⋅ 🌩️ 32 °C

    We docked at noon.

    Immigration was quite backed up.

    Our tour was scheduled to depart at 1 PM by 1:49 we were still sitting in the Star Theater.

    Our excursions for today were Singapore City Tour and National Orchid Garden..

    Made it through immigration and on bus by 2:30.

    Our first stop was at the National Orchid Garden. This was an absolutely beautiful garden. Most of the orchids were outside but there was one area that we visited which was inside. We spent most of our time here because it was air conditioned. We felt very rushed due to our delay in getting through immigration. One could spent hours in the Orchid Garden.

    Our next stop was a Buddhist Temple and a walk around China town. We skipped going inside the Buddhist temple as we have already seen a lot of temples and the incense was really strong.

    We made a brief walk around China town. During this walk, we got to smell durian fruit as we walked by a restaurant that specializes in durian fruit. I don't think that I will ever try it as I just can't get past the smell.

    We made a quick stop at the Merlion statue which is part mermaid part lion. The statue is located on the shores of the Marina Bay reservoir which supplies Singapore's water demand.

    Our last stop was the highest elevation in Singapore for a photo stop and to get an idea of the vastness of Singapore.

    Finally we headed back to the port.

    We arrived at the port with about 5 minutes before our next tour.

    We ran into a convenience store and grabbed some chips and candy because we missed dinner. There was a rule not to eat or drink on the bus so Bob and I felt like naughty children stuffing our mouths with chips and candy while hiding from the guide. I was thankful for the salt in the chips because I was starting to get muscle cramps from sweating so much. I had forgotten to put my electrolytes in my bag.

    Our excursion this evening was a nighttime safari.

    The safari included a tram ride, a show highlighting some of the nocturnal animals and finally a walk through some animal enclosures. Again, we wished that we had more time to explore as we only had time to walk one of the many trails in the park.

    By the time we made it back to the ship, showered, and collapsed into bed-it was 11:30 PM.
    Read more