Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 92

    George Town/Penang, Malaysia

    March 20 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Met Chris and Joleen in Atrium for our excursion to see Orangutangs.

    Brenda did not have her second cup of coffee which may be the reason that she forgot her Quietvox. Bob allowed me to use his.

    Our first stop was to view the First Penang bridge. Here Chris risked his life to get a photo.

    We drove over the First Penang Bridge to reach the Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island.

    Upon taking a boat to the Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island, we were ushered into cages. Here the orangutans are free and we are in cages. It was hard to get good photos through our double layered cage. The orangutans found us very interesting. It was odd for us to be in the cage and the orangutans free to roam.

    At the entrance to the cage, there was an area where we could get better photos as we were no longer in cages because of the water that separated this area from the orangutans. This is where we could also feed the orangutans apples. The macaque monkeys also liked to steal the apples from the orangutans.

    After time to observe the primates, we headed back to the port via the Second Penang Bridge.

    Downtown George Town had many colonial buildings. I would have liked to spend more time exploring George Town but I was exhausted so I headed straight to the stateroom, skipped lunch and promptly fell into a very deep sleep.

    We celebrated Lynn Scott's birthday in the private dining room. It was a wonderful celebration.
    Read more