Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    Vienna Boys' Choir, Waldos, sledge runs

    April 15, 2019 in China ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    What an inspiration it was to hear the beautiful voices of the famous Die Wiener Sängerknaben on our way back down from the Great Wall! We could tell that the choir was rather good, very professional, natively German-speaking - but it was not until after we got back to google that we were able to confirm their name. What amazing luck!

    It must have just been our day, as next we ran into two Waldos (brother and sister) from New Zealand, who shared some tips on visiting the North Island and renewed our interest in the Rotorua Canopy Tour. Their oufits - and explanation for such - also gave Meg and Davy reason to thank Mommy for not making them wear silly costumes with sweaty polyester hats at any point on the World Tour - perhaps a good punishment idea to keep on the backburner for next time they are naughty?

    The Mutianyu sledge run from Watchtower 6 to the base of the Wall was a fun way to get down, albeit we all agreed that it would have been better with a little more speed and a little less caution. We're not drunken post-fondue midnight mountain sledge maniacs yet, but we are becoming Swiss enough to anticipate a certain level of positive adrenalin rush with sledge running.
    Read more