Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 159

    Heading home to Oakville

    July 6, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Wonderful to be back at Grampy and Oma's in Oakville! We felt an immediate sense of being at home again and able to chill things down a couple of notches. Davy and Meg were so excited to see their grandparents and try their new anti-motion sickness goggles that they completely missed the black friar newly recruited to guard Grampy Street, as well as a small but crucial detail pertaining to one Bonkey Moon Jones - namely his absence.

    Amazingly #1, on the very evening we arrived, Grampy agreed to drive Davy and the search crew back out to the airport at 10pm in a seemingly futile attempt to locate Bonkey. Then amazingly #2, Bonkey and his orange were lost-and-found straight away, just right there on the ground in the Lester Pearson airport parkade where they had fallen from their plastic bag. What are the odds - in any case, a most auspicious start to the stay!

    During the week, there were plenty of playparks, pools, splashpads and wooded trails to explore. Some dubious ancient foodstuffs that we tried to convert into meals, tasty post-supper drinks to sample and people young and old pretending not to be tired.
    Read more