Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Back to a new normal

    May 25, 2020 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    With the kids going back to school full-time today and things slowly but surely trending back to normal, we are also winding up our Swiss Quarantine Story here.

    Circus, piano, capoeira - everything except for swimming - is back up and running in some sort of ultra-hygienic, socially distanced form. Shops are all open again - admittedly the ones that we went to most often were never closed. The waiting list for a dentist appointment is three months long - ack! Really should have called them sooner.

    The kids are most excited to see their friends again before the end of the school year - frankly they are pretty keen on spending time with anyone who is not in the family! This summer is expected to be a bit special with few people leaving very far for the holidays, so hopefully lots of time to catch up on missed play as well. We adults are even allowed to see our friends again!

    All in all we weathered the storm decently in Switzerland. We know only two families who had covid-19, thankfully neither with any major ill effects. The kids were able to keep up with their schoolwork at home and will likely not be impacted by any missed exams. Economic consequences are yet to be fully exposed.
    Read more