Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Reserva Nacional Altos de Lircay

    January 20, 2023 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    On route to our next national park, we stopped for lunch in Molina and had our first fried empanadas at La Casa De La Empanada- so tasty! We then drove through huasos (Chilean cowboy) country to Reservas Nacional Altos de Lircay. Unfortunately we arrived too late to check into the park campsite "camping antahuara" which closed at 4pm but we did met a friendly CONAF ranger who spoke great English and gave us all the info on our hike for following day! We wild camped just outside the park by the road and met a very friendly chilean called Benjamin who loved to practice his English with us while we prepared dinner! The next morning we set off on a 25km trail to El Enladrillo and Laguna El alto. The top of this mountain has a unique brickwork plain formed by rocks that apparently has been the base of many UFO sightings. From the brickwork we had a great view of the Descabezado Grande, Quizapú and Cerro Azul volcanoes, as well as the El Venado valley. After our hike, we arrived back exhausted to the park campsite and had our first night of our trip in the tent!

    20/01-21/01
    Read more