Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 88

    El bolson

    March 28, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Arriving into rainy El Bolson, our first port of call was to visit the tourist office and mountain office to get some maps and advice on hiking routes followed by an afternoon wandering around the town with a stop for a well deserved drink at Patio Cervecero El Bolsón Centro after a few driving days.

    The following day, with the weather improving but still tired from all our hiking in El Chalten, we opted to do a short morning hike to Cajon de Azul. The trail was beautiful with lovely refugios to stop at along the way. Our favourite was Mystic fog which had a lovely outdoor atmosphere and a nice garden and fire pit to sit around. Here we sampled some of their home brewed beers before heading back in to town for an afternoon chilling in Paseo De Las Flores, a nice coffee shop.

    We spent two nights here, staying overnight in the van at YPF. On our last day, we sent off some postcards to home at the post office and made a western union stop before heading to the famous artisan market in the square for a wander and some lunch before getting back on the road.

    Recommendations:
    La Salteñita for the best empanadas
    Mystic Fog Refugio- must stop!
    Paseo De Las Flores coffee shop
    Cajon de Azul hike
    Feria Artesanal at Plaza Pagano- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
    Art Forest (we didn't make it here)
    Helados Jauja for good wifi and ice cream
    Read more