Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Isle of Capri

    March 8 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    We picked a good day for the hydrofoil trip to Capri. Just 40 mins and we were docking. Rushed to buy tickets for the funicular before we were aware that it was closed for reno! Quite a long wait for the mini buses which careen around the island hairpins - and the buses are packed!
    The town of Capri was super busy with tourists so we settled for a pricey coffee (10 euro each) so we could relax and people watch on the sunshine. It was like walking down Bond St - unbelievable shops. Lots of construction/reno happening. Probably prepping for the new season. We did a walk about but very quickly caught the bus to AnaCapri which was much quieter, very few, if any designer shops and more to our liking. Found a delightful square with tiled benches to eat our home made sandwiches - cotto ham, rocket, provolone and roma toms. Perfect!
    Explored the beautiful church, had a cuppa in a cute little cafe and realised all too soon we had to head back to port, as I was ever hopeful of a dip at the little beach near the harbour.
    Sadly far too windy for a dip in the turquoise waters so I settled for a paddle. Bliss. Beachcombing for sea glass and terracotta bits was so rewarding!
    Headed home for last night in Sorrento, stopping en route for shirt shopping for Richard.
    Read more