Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Wedding day

    March 20 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    The day dawned with clear blue skies and full on sunshine. Not too breezy. Simply perfect.
    The caterers did a wonderful job of staging the villa; it was already perfect but the dining room was transformed with 100 pillar candles in glass jars, stunning greenery running the whole length of the dining table seating 32.
    The florist brought in two massive urns full of olive branches, white roses, white ranunculas and blue centred anemones.
    The emotional vows were exchanged on the upper balcony so as you watched the couple, their backdrop was the beautiful Tuscan countryside, sunshine lighting everywhere.
    The newlyweds and parents went down the sweeping staircase to be showered with olive leaf confetti from friends and family above.
    Most of the photos had been taken earlier so it was on with the cocktails and beautiful canapes on the front drive and entry porch.
    Speeches were made prior to the four course meal so that everyone could relax & enjoy.
    The evening was full of dancing, dancing, laughter and fun. The bride barely left the dance floor! Carriages arrived at 0100 and the villa residents gamely partied on until after 0200!
    It was the most wonderful day. Pinch me!
    Read more