Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Arezzo

    March 23 in Croatia ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    A leisurely day exploring this delightful mix of ancient and modern town. Replete from the now habitual croissant crema + coffee, we started with the market. It was massive - filling a tree lined avenue which stretched at least 1km. The food section of any market always interests and this one was quite amazing for cheeses, hams, sausages (wild boar) and fish. Big sides of roast pork were sliced on demand to create take away buns complete with a slice of roasted pig liver.
    It was time to check the rail station as we had heard yesterday that a strike was imminent. We have to be at Rome airport by Sunday night for our 0630 flight to Zagreb.
    It was all looking dodgy. We took the decision to leave today at 6pm (strike starting at 9pm).
    We took a quick walk up the town to check the view from the park and snap a few more of the beautiful Umbrella pines which are everywhere. The bark is amazing.
    Our host was kind enough to refund one day.
    We found a hotel just 500m from Rome Termini station for the night and enjoyed a slice of pizza with gin + tonic in our room at 10pm. Living the high life!
    Read more