Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Island days on Paros

    July 8, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    A relatively quite couple of days lately, but still packed full of fun.

    After the cooking on Friday we relaxed with a game night in the hotel and then spent most of the next day doing not a lot really. Poor ol’ KJ has been a bit sick so there was a couple of doctors trips chucked in but that’s about it.

    That was until we went out that night for dinner and decided to head over to the celebration for the local church’s naming day.
    The party was really cool - it looked like most of the local families had turned up ready to party - young and old - well onto the early hours of the next morning.
    We paid our €10 pp entry and enjoyed the ouzo shot, free tray of meze, and home made (all included!) wine as we watched the seemingly never ending whirl of people spinning around in an ever growing line to the traditional Greek band.
    One guy, who had to be in his 80’s at least, out danced everyone in the floor and I don’t think we saw him take a break the entire time!!
    We called it a night at about 12:30am but the locals were at it full swing with no signs of stopping (even the food was still being cooked).

    The next night we explored the port area of Naoussa a bit more as we hunted for sunset cocktails…still a favourite pastime of ours 🍸🍹🥃
    We got some beautiful views and pics in the old sea fort as the sun came down before heading off for another yummy dinner! Hopefully we’ll still remember how to cook when we get home 😝
    Read more