Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    First day in Boston.

    April 14, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 3 °C

    Still under the influence of the jet lag, the day started for me around 5AM. A 9k run, breakfast provided by our host and then we were on our way to downtown.
    Driven by our need for a second coffee, we first stopped to the Boston Public Market: an indoor place where you can basically find everything: fresh fruits&vegetables, meet, fish and other related to the sea, sweets, bagels, cheese, coffee and french cakes.
    As my friends had to pick up their BIBs for the Marathon, I had the opportunity to witness what a perfect money machine the sport industry is. Especially when it is done right.
    On the way to and from the Seaport WTC, we walked through the Boston Harbour, saw the city center (impressive combination of old and new, of big and small, of glass and concrete) and passed by the Granary Burying Ground - the 3rd oldest cemetery in Boston (1660). Among the people buried here are 3 of those who signed the Declaration of Independence on 4th of July 1776.
    This city has something special - I can’t find the right words to describe it just yet, but for sure I will till the end of the trip.
    The very cold, strong wind that is suppose to bring some snow into the city tomorrow sent us home a bit earlier than expected, so no disco night stories yet :-)
    Read more