Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Verona day 3 morning

    June 7, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Got up early again, on what was the hottest day of our trip for more sightseeing around Verona. Breakfast at the cafe below our apartment provided the first laugh of the day when Jacqueline called from the ladies toilet to say that the door was stuck and she was locked inside. Michelle went to help and discovered that the door pushed open instead of pull….lesson for future trips learn the local language for things that say “push” and “pull”.

    We went to visit Verona’s coliseum after purchasing the Verona pass which allowed access to a lot of Veronas attraction. The coliseum was getting ready for the annual open air operas which took place two weeks after we had departed the city. But we climbed to the top of the building…..some found it easier than others. The two disabled folks managed fairly easy but the shorter travellers found it a little more challenging.

    As the day got hotter we went around the shopping area and into the market place. From their we went to visit “Juliet’s house” were we avoided the cheesy option of queuing up to rub Juliet’s “breast” which seemed to be what every tourist wanted to do. Instead we bought a heart shaped padlock where we wrote a message to our family members that had recently passed away and locked it to an area in the courtyard. There will be forever a part of us in Verona now. The Verona pass got us access to the house and we toured that with Andrew kissing Jacqueline on the famous balcony,…..just to prove we could be as cheesy as the tourists queuing up to grope Juliet’s statue!!!!

    We then went back to the market square for lunch at one of the many restaurants
    Read more