Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Italy to Switzerland, the long trip P2

    June 14, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    ………cont. One double bunk bed was all we had and an en suite bathroom. One chair that was impossible to get out of, if you were brave enough to sit in it. It was a case of laughing as the alternative was a capsule hotel a few miles away.

    It was as this point where Jacqueline, being her usual optimistic self, declared that it wasn’t that bad and that there was “a communal day room” …which “had a kettle in it” just down the hall. We went to investigate……the room did indeed have a kettle, but no running water, three seats and some orange crates to sit on, which, with all of us being super fit and the ideal weight, none of us broke them!!! We met a lovely South African lady who said that she liked the place and then went on to say that in South Africa she only had electricity for 12 hours in any 24 hour period.

    We decided to make the best of it and as the room had spared no expense and splashed out on ear buds, we got ready for bed. With Andrew in the shower whilst the ladies got ready for bed there was gold comedy when Michelle who had been “volunteered” to go on top bunk with Adia, couldn’t get up the ladder and with Jacqueline incapacitated by laughter, Michelle eventually made it to the top bunk.

    Bed was comfortable, but it was relief to escape the “stalag” in the morning and continue with our journey
    Read more