Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    More sight seeing.

    July 4, 2018 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Yesterday we slept in until 9.30ish (by "we" I mean "I", the others were up early still) and then we headed out to Wellington, a small town about an hours drive away. Wellington is known for their leather works. We visited a popular leather factory called 'redemption leather' where Charl got a few things and Natasha and I both got a pair of sandals. On the way back we stopped in to see ouma Iza again and check up to see how our electric blanket was going. The blanket was a great success, she said it works great.
    But in bigger news, I found iced coffee!! It's not as good Masters but it's better then nothing.

    Today we got up early and drove into Capetown city to do the hop on and off Red bus tour. The tour is on a red double decker bus which drives all around the city, surrounding tourist attractions and along the west coast. It makes for a great day out and you learn lots with the onboard commentary. We stopped at the botanical gardens which was huge! It sits at the foot of the mountains with many streams running through. We had lunch there before getting back on the bus to complete the circuit. We are now heading back to see ouma for perhaps the last time this trip and then back into the waterfront to go on the Ferris wheel at sunset or when dark to see the city lights.
    Read more