Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Exploring Pretoria

    July 18, 2018 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    This week Charl had to return to work meanwhile we were given the keys to Ariza's old car to go exploring.

    After sleeping in on Monday we went to a local gun accessory shop to find a holster for one of my guns. They did not have any in stock but had some on order arriving today. We then headed off to visit one of Natasha's old teachers which she was very close to, Ouma Tinnie. Natasha had a great catch up with her over coffee and many photo albums. By 4pm we were getting very hungry as we had not had lunch yet so we detoured to a large shopping center called Kolonnade where we had fish and chips for lunch before walking around all the shops. On the way home we drove past Natasha old house and where she used to work. Unfortunately it was dark now so it was hard to see everything.

    Tuesday we were up early as we had booked into a safari tour and close encounter with cub lions and a Cheetah. We also got to feed giraffes which was cool.
    After the safari we drove a short way to visit Natasha's step sister Nadia who had a stone factory and she showed us all around and explained the making process. Tuesday night we met with Nadia and her brother William for dinner at a great Italian restaurant near home.

    Today Natasha took one of the dogs to the vet as she had a wound on her back leg that was infected. While I was sleeping and doing some washing.
    When they returned we went to get lunch at a near by tea garden before heading to pick up my new holster.
    Read more