Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Botanic gardens and flight

    December 17, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today was our last (half) day in Singapore and we decided to go to the botanic gardens and go to the airport later because our flight wasnt until 22:00. The flight was ten hours and we were expected to arrive in Christchurch at 12:50. We packed in the morning and left our suitcases at the hostel so that we wouldn't have to lug them around the gardens. In the gardens we looked at a few different sections but spent most of our time in the ethno botany section, the building especially due to the lovely AC. The ethnobotany was obviously very interesting as well. We headed back and ended up leaving the hostel at roughly 4ish and arrived at the airport with plenty of time, which we actually needed. The check in for luggage in Singapore is all automated where you pur in your ticket/flight details into a small machine that then prints your label for your bag and you have to put it on a conveyor belt. Xbox sensors used for kinect (even had the xbox logo) read the label and then must program a route for it because it ended up on the plane. But it took us a while to get the label because it kept on rejecting any information that we put in. Thankfully the guy there was very helpful and thankful to mum who had brought all the flight details we managed to find out that we needed a 16digit code that was only on the printed out documents. We boarded the plane fine and took off leaving the Singapore skyline behind us and the twinkle of all the trillions of lights in the city.

    Figure 1: turtles in the gardens
    Figure 2:" "
    Figure 3: ginger flower from the gardens
    Figure 4: our shadows as we were leaving the hostel
    Figure 5: the view before we took if from the airplane window
    Figure 6: more turtles
    Read more