Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 355–357

    Muscat to Tanuf

    March 9 in Oman ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Back „hitchhiking“..
    The first day was working really good and we arrived really quick in the mountains. The people here are really nice and helpful. One time a taxi stopped for us and we told him we don’t want to taxi because we don’t want to pay. He said it’s ok we can go for free and at the end of the ride he gave us 5 Rial (12,50€)

    As soon as we arrived in the mountains nearly no car was coming anymore and we had to walk, we had to walk a lot! The situation just got worst the second day because of really hard rain. The road was destroyed or under water many times. Means we been walking nearly the whole day.
    It was not like nobody wanted to pick us up, there been just no cars absolutely zero for hours and hours.
    The hike was ~17km and 1500m up, it was raining, very hot sun and we been inside the clouds. So we had everything you dream about when you go on a hike.

    We been also fasting yesterday, probably not the best day for no eating but we made it and I felt really good. Leon had a bit more issues but he made it as well.

    The mountains here are stunning and the hike was amazing even with all the trouble we had. So far we enjoy Oman a lot.
    Read more