Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 359–362

    Desert, Wardi and back to Muscat

    March 13 in Oman ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Rainy mountains, old capital city, desert, beach and now back in muscat. We didn’t had much time but we made the best out of it.

    In the desert we been like 15 min but we also couldn’t live without being there. We both been covered in suncreme, just a quick run on a little hill and down again with a sled.

    Man it was hot and it’s just the beginning here, some month they hab’s here over 50 degrees!!
    We couldn’t wait to be near the ocean again.
    So our mission was to hitchhike to the sea as quick as possible. That day was not really easy but at one point we got a lift and three lifts later we arrived in Tiwi.
    Our camp was right next to the ocean, we stayed for two nights. The day after arrived we been in a wardi, just swimming and relaxing before we had to go back to Muscat.
    It’s nice how green it is when there is water around but some meters away you have the feeling of a desert again.

    One night back in Mucat and not much to do..
    We been to the biggest mosque of Oman again and the rest of the day we will chill until our flight is coming. The mosque is one of the most or maybe the most beautiful building we ever saw.
    One last traditional Omani meal will be the last important thing on our journey.

    So that’s it! It’s time to go home and prepare for the next adventures.
    See you again..
    Read more