Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Disney's Magic Kingdom

    February 24, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    For a February, Magic Kingdom was absolutely heaving. There were huge wait times for most rides, so we stuck mostly to our fastpasses, shows and the parade. We did take advantage of a short line to see Mary Poppins, who gave some very good advice on the importance of having a good chimney sweep and the inadvisability of running.

    With the major attractions so busy, we spent a lot more time enjoying the park's theming than we would have otherwise. We checked out the display models of the lightcycles from the upcoming Tron ride and played the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, which takes you on quests around Frontier Land, Liberty Square, Main Street USA and Fantasy Land.

    We also played a few of the pirate treasure games, which take you on quests around Adventure land. Once you discover enough pirate treasure you're rewarded with a fastpass for Pirates of the Caribbean, so it was a good way of getting on another ride. The cast member at the exit of Pirates was doing such a good pirate voice we thought at first it was part of a recorded performance; as Alex passed by with her blue hair he covered his ears and cried "mermaid!".

    Having seen the fireworks on our first evening, we carried on riding as they went on walking around fantasy land as they exploded loudly above us. We stayed beyond the fireworks and left during the 'kiss goodnight' show which projects a story onto the castle.
    Read more