Satellite
  • Day 6

    "Get your elbows off the table! "

    February 26, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    For the afternoon we headed to the First Time in Forever, Frozen sing along show. It's good fun, but we had one eye on our watches because of our 14:00 reservation at the 50s Primetime Cafe, just across the square. We got out of the show a few minutes late, which raised our stress levels a little, but we none the less arrived right in the middle of our 10minute check-in window.

    The Cafe was running behind on its reservations, so it was a 'hurry up and wait' situation, but the bar area (themed on a 50s dinner/kitchen) was pretty cool. The cast in the resteraunt role-play aunts/cousins in the 50s so it was made very clear we were expected to clear our plates; some less well behaved guests at an adjacent table recieved a yell of 'get your elbows off my table'. Forutnately we had been tipped-off about that house rule ahead of time and emerged with stickers to show our membership of the "official clean plates club" (although Alex completely cheated by covering the remains of her meal with her napkin!).

    By the time we emerged from the Prime Time Cafe a fairly heavy rain had started, further cooling the unseasonably chilly day. The wait times at Epcot looked much more favourable, so decided to head over there; Dan was keen to take the 'friendship' boat, whilst Alex wanted the Skyliner, so naturally we took the Skyliner. We were treated to a substantial roll and frequent announcements that the service may be terminated at any time due to the strong winds.
    Read more