Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Skipper Canteen

    February 27, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We headed straight to our lunch reservation at the Jungle Navigation Company - Skipper Canteen, pausing only to catch a couple of songs by the Dapper Dans (the barber’s shop quartet in residence on main-street). The skipper canteen is where the Jungle Cruise skippers get their lunch; it is operated by skippers not currently steering their boats through the rivers of the world. We we were seated in the Society of Explorers and Adventurers room, which is hidden behind a book-case at the back of the canteen.

    Our table was in a booth with a collection of butterflies mounted on the wall. The food was really good, by the end of meal Dan’s plate was completely clean. As we left our skipper suggested that “if at first you don’t succeed, lion taming isn’t for you”. It seems his brother tried it, and got his entire left side eaten - but he’s all right now. At home they now call him I-lean, but they’re not super close as he’s a half-brother.

    We finished out this visit to the Magic Kingdom with a fastpass to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, then caught the Move it shake it dance party and stopped by the Art of Disney shop on the way out. The last float in the dance party had Goofy and Max, matching Dan’s Goofy Movie magic band. The Art of Disney shop had some beautiful work, including a book of characters you can request to be sketched by the in house artists that included Gismo Duck, the Rescue Rangers, the crew from Talespin, Phineas & Ferb as well as Agent P; sadly Tron was absent.
    Read more