Satellite
  • Day 8

    Hollywood Studios

    February 28, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    Friday was our last full day at Disney, so we made an earlier start in the hope of getting another opportunity go at Rise of the Resistance. Irritatingly, when we arrived we found the Skyliner wouldn’t open for nearly half an hour, and a long queue had already formed. The Skyliner opened at 08:30, by the time we had boarded, lined up again for our connecting ‘flight’ from Caribbean Beach and gotten through bag check it was after nine and the park had been open several minutes, allowing us to join only the 123rd boarding group. Only the first 64 groups are guaranteed to be accommodated, but we managed to get in previously as part of the 124th group, so we weren’t too disheartened.

    Having gotten into the park, we decided to queue up for Rock ’n’ Rollercoaster. We played the Toy Story games on the Disney parks app whilst we waited, by the time we boarded we had waited 1hr 15mins (easily the longest time we had waited) and people joining the queue were expected to wait about two hours. Despite being a ‘low’ season at Disney, this had been typical of the kinds of waits and this was one of the few times we lined up without a fastpass for a major attraction.

    We finished the morning with coffee and fastpass attractions and some shopping and trading for pins, allowing Dan to complete a set of pins for the very first time as well as picking up some pins with designs related to significant events or attractions from this trip.
    Read more