Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    At sea, south west of Grand Inagua

    March 2, 2020, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    On a visit back to our Cabin to fetch we found an unexpected gift from the organisers: a poster featuring each celebrity guest on the trip. As evening fell we headed to the aft end of Deck 5 for our picture with Kate Mulgrew; she had been in panels or photograph sessions with her fellow Voyager cast almost continuously since the 11:00 Voyager panel, and had not long started on the 2,000 or so photos guests were to have with just her, which were due to continue well into the late evening. It was pretty clear the brutal schedule had left her a little tired, but she was none the less very pleasant.

    We cut through the casino enroute to the evening’s Star Trek Rat Pack show, and after well over a decade of the smoking ban it was strange to be in an enclosed public space where smoking was going on. The rat pack show comprised Casey Biggs, Jeffery Combes, Vaughn Armstrong, Ethan Philips and Max Grodénchik performing classic show tunes with lyrics rewritten by Max. Its a fun show, with Casey, Vaugh and Ethan breaking out their guitar, harmonica and saxophone are various points - but its the words that seemed to be the real crowd pleaser for the Star Trek audience.

    We closed out the day by heading to the atrium above Studio B to get a look at the costumes for the night’s theme of Captain Proton. There were some amazing “Satan’s Robots”, Chaoticas and Captain Protons; Kimberly asked for a picture of a passing Guinan. There were even some clever ‘mash up’ costumes, like a half-proton, half-Han Solo; I guess jetpacks are no substitute for a good blaster at your side. Between the exploring the substantial 15 deck ship, and the dense schedule of events we were pretty tired, so we said goodnight to Kim and all headed back to outstate rooms.
    Read more