Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Mona Passage, off Purto Rico

    March 3, 2020, Caribbean Sea ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    By the time we had our pictures taken, we arrived about half way through the evening’s main show: Star Trek squares. Its a an odd hybrid between a quiz show and tic tak toe (0s and Xs), for which we didn’t entirely understand the rules. It seems that the contestant gets the square or not based on whether or not they are correct in agreeing or disagreeing with the celebrity in the square’s answer to the quiz question; that seems to make it really easy if the celebrity gives a silly answer… but perhaps we were missing something.

    After squares we, we called back to our cabin to get into our clothes for the night’s party theme and found another gift: cool Star Trek the Cruise IV over the shoulder bags. When we arrived at the party venue we were ahead of the event for the first time since the morning: the previous event (the Enterprise Blues band's show) were finishing their set. After a couple of numbers the stage was set for band 47 and a huge horgon statue was placed in the centre of the room to begin the Risaian Festival of the moon.

    Alex wore her Trader Sam dress and Dan wore the Hawaiian shirt with a Star Fleet insignia pined to the pocket; the subtle-ish Disney designs attracted the attention of Disney fan Jesse who was there with her sister. It turned out Jesse’s day job was on the Disney cruise line; she talked to us about differences on the Disney line and how shocked her colleagues were that she was cruising for for fun. Jesse, was heading to Europe for work, and had an ambition to visit all the Disney parks world wide, so Alex shared some thoughts on Disney Sea in Tokyo and Dan some of the nerdy details about Disneyland Paris

    We sat on some stools overlooking the dance floor and people watched for a time, whilst Alex sipped a cocktail served in a hollowed out pineapple. After a dozen or so songs and a few drinks we did the obvious next thing: headed to the library for a game of Star Trek Fluxx. After the game, which Dan definitely did NOT dither over, it was finally bed time.
    Read more