Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    At Sea, off Puerto Rico

    March 5, 2020, Caribbean Sea ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    After dinner Alex and Dan attended Max tonight with Chase Masterson; it isn’t what you would call a polished performance but Max and Chase have great rapport with their audience. It was mostly a light hearted show, but when they performed a number they used to perform with the late Aron Eisenberg Max was visible moved.

    We met Kim again for Nevermore: an evening with Edgar Alan Poe; its a very energetically performed one man play staring Jeffery Combes, lit throughout in a way which imbues it with the texture of a sepia photograph. Combes reads Tell Tale Heart and (I think) To Hellen whilst in character as Poe, broken up by scripted interludes of raving at Poe’s contemporaries to the audience and speaking to figures from his life who are supposedly watching from the stalls. Poe becomes drunk and unhinged throughout the performance, it reaches its crescendo with a performance of The Raven which passes through tormented and manic, before descending into the haunted, despairing state where the show concludes.

    After taking part in Jeffery’s well deserved standing ovation, we passed through the main Promenade where the Gorn’s Galactic Gala was going on; an amazing array Starfleet dress uniforms were on display, making Dan’s best duty uniform which he had put on earlier look a bit shabby by contrast. We grabbed drinks and then headed to the library to play a game of Star Trek Fluxx with Kimberly until it was time for the screening of Star Trek: Picard.

    Alex decided to turn in, but Dan couldn’t resist seeing a star trek episode premier with a huge group of fans. The episode was shown with an intro and epilogue from Jonathan Del Arco (recorded before he left the ship in the US Virgin islands) and finished to the thunderous applause of a thousand or so sleepy Star Trek fans.
    Read more