Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Time flies, as do we.

    March 8, 2020, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌙 6 °C

    The modern, twin engine A330-300 we boarded for the flight home stood in contrast to the 60’s icon that had brought us to the US, nicely rounding out the eclectic range of vehicles and vessels that had carried us on this trip. As we seated ourselves and talked about the highlights of the trip the typical sense of unreality that comes with the end of a holiday began to descend. The days of the trip had blurred by, full of so many moments delightful and precious: days well lived.

    The final gift of our Florida trip was great view of Downtown Miami, the cruise terminal and South Beach from the plane. Of the several cruise ships that were in dock when we disembarked only Virgin Voyage’s sole ship, Scarlet Lady remained alongside; a second had not long got under way and was standing out into the straight of Florida.

    Explorer of the Seas had already departed on her next voyage; that ship and her history had become the care of another crew, to them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man - where no one - has gone before. Far above, our pilot found the course through the rapidly darkening sky: second star to the right, and straight on til morning.
    Read more