Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Overland Track 1/6

    January 19, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Off we went… After an early morning start, a bumpy bus ride and coffee on the way, it was time to say goodbye to civilization. Our little group of 7 courageous hikers and 2 guides started our Overland Track from Ronny’s Creek to Waterfall Valley.
    The weather was probably the worst that day - but still not bad, just a bit windy and chilled. All of us had to get used to that bulky heavy thing on our backs - challenged right away with the steepest section of the trail…
    But… we survived and got rewarded with some pretty amazing views. Two little huts on the way - incl one that looked more like an old diver’s helmet where we learned that the best way to get a hut set up and potentially named after you is to die of hypothermia… if you ‘just’ fall - no hut, I’m afraid… (yup… bit of a weird humor here… but it should become a theme over the next days… luckily, there won’t be a new hut named after any of us anytime soon).
    Finally we reached the destination of this day, set up tent (far away from the toilets - which meant a long way to go for me twice (!) during the night) and said goodnight to our little wallaby neighbors…
    Read more