Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    It got better…

    February 2, 2023 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    After the rather disappointing start, the day got better.

    - I went on the planned walk just from the other side and ended at Point Elizabeth Lookout - such a peaceful and pretty spot.
    - From there I went off to Paparao National Park - incl a number of shorter walks - with many Kiwis along the way and some ‘pancake’ rocks.
    - Followed by a stop to do the Cape Foulwind trail, which started at a lighthouse and ended at a seal colony. Not too many friends where at home, but a number of kid seals (do they have a name??) played around while their parents slept.
    - Ended the day at the Alpine Lodge with probably the best food so far…

    Other callouts:
    - if it wasn’t for the palm trees and the kiwis, this could be the Oregon coast.
    - This includes the weather somehow. But while it switched between blue sky and pouring rain within minutes, it is pretty warm here!
    - I saw a lot of kiwis today… not yet bored by them. And they are fast!
    - No penguins though today
    - (Audio)Book recommendation for the nerds: Humble Pi. When Math goes wrong in the real world. I laughed out loud a few times.
    Read more