Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Snarky Puppy at Hill Auditorium

    September 10, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Since we found Snarky Puppy on YouTube a while ago, we always wanted to see them live. There was one brief opportunity last year when I checked concert dates and realized that they played in Hanover the next day! It was during the week though and work was quite intense at that time, so we bailed out on the opportunity.
    This year, while planning the US trip, we saw on Instagram that they would play in Ann Arbor in September, so we scheduled everything around the concert 😅
    Tom and Nancy joined us. The concert took place at the Hill Auditorium, the largest and maybe oldest concert hall in Ann Arbor. It is really beautiful inside. We had seats on the highest balcony in the first row. Perfect view.
    The concert was great! They played a couple of old songs, but most were from the new album. All in all they played around 2 hours and went all in throughout the whole concert. We really enjoyed it. However, when it comes to Jazz, I'll stay with my rule of thumb: the smaller the location, the better the experience.

    (Video: I made no videos during the concert, but at the end I really wanted to capture one of the fantastic drum solos. Unfortunately, Findpenguins only allows 120s videos...so the re-entry of the rest of the band is missing here...)
    Read more