Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Palermo Sicily Italy

    August 8, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    The train from catania was a nice way to see the countryside. Through the heart of a country baked in heat and history. Agriculture predominant in a economic sense. Our lost bags turned up on the Monday at Palermo airport by fluke we were in Palermo that day and headed out to airport to see if lost and found had located them since reporting them missing. Stayed local to our apt and had a piazza in tre porchalino.
    The next day stayed local to sort out the bags and whether we would send a bag back to Australia as we had too much luggage. Great coffee and rolls downstairs in local Cafe Quarteara. Went into town that night to see Palermo night-life. Had a walk around and ate a piazza and salad. Found an aboriginal bar that was run by an Italian that loved Brisbane. Got stranded by a non functioning public bus service that night and had to rely on the kindness of strangers to find our way home late in night. Wed went to modelling for a lazy and relaxing day on beach rented some sunbeds and had a nice day kicking back swimming and chilling out. Got a haircut and headed back to apt.
    Read more