Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    First day in Ireland

    September 15, 2018 in Ireland ⋅ 🌬 15 °C

    OK, getting the hang of this posting thing, so I will correct my previous little blurb--we ended up with an empty seat between us, of which I took full advantage for about an hour of the 6-hour flight.😀
    Our first day has been good. Arriving to dreary, overcast skies, we picked up our little rental car and headed 15 mins away for our first castle, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, enjoying rain-free skies and cool weather. This castle gives a very authentic glimpse into life in a medieval castle and village. From there we drove 1.5 hrs to our first castle stay, Kinnitty Castle. No rain today (yay!), so we took a walk through the castle's forest and have decided to have an early dinner and get some sleep (3 hrs of plane "sleeping" for Bruce and 1 hr for me over the last 32 hrs is catching up with us and we've got places to go and castles to see!) and aside from the lousiest sandwich we've ever had (can't recommend the tea room at Bunratty) and the flat tire we got on our way into Kinnitty's grounds (thankful it didn't happen on the road, and thankful for renter's insurance, although they could only put the spare on until we get to a larger town, but at least we can keep going!), we are very happy with our first day in Ireland😊 Good night!
    Read more