Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Playa Punta Uva

    January 25 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We had a very rainy night with extreme downpours. We woke to sunshine. We got up and packed up then had our yoghurt, granola and fresh on-site bananas. We enjoyed our coffee and final cuddles with the cat. We drove to a new beach called Playa Punta Uva. We had about 45 minutes
    to check it out before heading to the Jaguar Rescue Center. We walked along and someone had done some beautiful mermaid sandart. Following the Jaguar Rescue Center Tour, we returned and had some serious sloth action. A sloth may have fallen out of a tree or perhaps came down for its weekly poop. Whatever the case, it was so sad. It was all wet and crawled along the beach to get back to a tree. We had just learned that they do not like to be around humans. Some can die of heart failure if they are too close to humans. Well, this poor sloth was surrounded by people taking selfies, etc ( which is illegal to do because people used to exploit the animals by charging for photos with these wild animals). The sloth eventually made it back into the trees🥰. We sat and read for a bit and decided to go back to the beach area from yesterday. We sat, reading our books and watched as the rain clouds moved in. At about 4pm, the shower lit hard. We had already made it to the car while everyone scrambled off the beach. We headed towards the main center and drove around the streets we had not yet driven down while the rain stopped. We then drove to meet Tom & Shaun, Craig& Dawn at their VRBO and stayed one night with them. I made fresh guacamole and Shaun and I cut up watermelon, mango and pineapple for snacks. We hot caught up on our adventures and shared some tours to do, watched a Netflix climbing movie then went to sleep.
    Read more