Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Shibaozhai

    August 4, 2017 in China ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    We woke this morning to the boat docking at Shibaozhai. We did try to make the early morning tai chi session but yet again failed miserably!!

    After breakfast we disembarked and walked up the 100+ steps declining the many offers of a sedan chair to visit the Shibaozhai Temple. This exquisite example of Chinese architecture stands upon a huge 164 foot rock. To reach it we had to cross the "Drunken" bridge - a rickety bridge, which we were assured was very safe! . The views of the Yangtze were spectacular - well worth the walk in the extreme heat!

    After lunch we took the opportunity to visit the wheelhouse and the relaxed on our balconies taking in the fabulous scenery, which constantly changes.

    As this was our last night on board we had the Captain's cocktail party. A chance to dress in our newly made Chinese silk items - a dress for Debbie and jacket for Pam - made by the tailor on board. Others joined us too!

    Turned into a very lucky evening! Debbie got third prize in the raffle and Pam got 2nd! Then later on Pam and Martin came third in the music / dancing competition - and yes, there were more than 3 entrants!!

    Another bit of trivia! Despite its huge size China is in one time zone!
    Read more