Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 13

    Beijing

    8. august 2017, Kina ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    This trip has been packed full of fantastic opportunities but today was one we were all really looking forward to - the Great Wall of China 🇨🇳!

    We were actually pleased to wake to an overcast sky and slightly cooler weather - and again we didn't mind the very early start!

    The first glimpse of the wall brought lots of oooh's and aah's - and we couldn't wait to get started with our trek! Obligatory stop at the Happy Room first, a group photo and then we were on our way!

    Built mainly during the Ming Dynasty the wall once stretched for more than 6,200 miles and it certainly is a "great wall!"

    The sun didn't stay away - it came out just as we started out on our trek - and I think half of China joined us too! Boy, it was steep in places but we made it as far as possibly could and got back on time too! .

    We didn't want to leave that was for sure! On the way back back to the hotel we had the chance to take a stroll down the Sacred Way of the Ming Tombs, situated in a beautiful valley that the emperors chose as their buriel place.

    The it was back to the hotel with the coach driver making a detour so we could see the birds nest stadium - home to the Beijing Olympics. Another fabulous sight!

    What a day!
    Læs mere