Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Not the best travel day

    April 15, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    It is pretty safe to say that this has been a schmozle. Arrived in plenty of time to catch our flight to Singapore when, about an hour before boarding we were advised the flight was cancelled. No flights to Singapore for the rest of the day and we just had to be patient and Qantas will rebook our flights to the next destination. In the meantime they bused us all to a hotel in the city with instructions to ring the Qantas number or wait until we received a SMS from them.

    We got a rebooking for Tuesday with an early flight to Sydney and then to Singapore from there. The Commonwealth games were finishing today, that is why there were no flights available on Monday. This booking did not seem to get us to Barcelona in time to meet our flight so we spent the next almost 3 hours (mostly on hold) to Qantas to explain our predicament. Also busy contacting our travel agent who assisted us with emails and text messages flying back and forth (about the only thing flying apart from a few expletives from Brad)

    Finally, at around 7pm we received a message that we had flights to Singapore leaving tomorrow, BUT!, we had to get to Melbourne tonight on a Virgin flight which we had to pay for but will be reimbursed. So, pack up bags, taxi to airport again, and on a plane to Melbourne which arrives at around 11.30pm. ( I am currently updating my blog on the plane). Arrived safely in Melbourne and had a message that we had been booked into the Park Royal straight across the road from the airport. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day but we seem to have ended up further away from our destination than we were this morning.
    Read more