Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    The Amalfi Coast

    April 23, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We docked in Naples, a large city which has the towering Mt Vesuvius as its backdrop. Many people choose to go to Pompeii as their chosen tour but as we have already seen it, we opted for a small bus tour to the Amalfi Coast. I say tour rather lightly... it was more we had a driver take us to the Amalfi Coast. The extent of the conversation or information from the guide was " Look over there, the large white house on the point belongs to Sophia Loren" and "This is the factory where they make Limoncello" (Ok, so I didnt really mind this stop because we tasted a few samples of this rather strong spirit)

    Lunch was a bit ordinary too, but I guess the main drawcard of visiting the Amalfi Coast is the spectacular views and the photos really don't do it justice. Unfortunately there was a haze in the air so we didn't see it at is best but it was still very nice. The beauty of the small group is we could drive to these areas, a tourist bus simply would not be able to manoeuvre the narrow, winding roads.

    Brad was also able to replace his shoes that died during our walk around Rome, so that was good.
    Read more