Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    HOHO bus, gardens and cruise

    September 25, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    (So, not everything was smooth sailing. Tried opening Brad's suitcase and for some inexplicable reason the combination lock changed and we could not get it open. Spent ages trying all the combinations but in the end we had to get the hotel maintenance guy to break the latches for the zipper. Not the first time he has seen it and he suggested we buy a normal keyed padlock)

    Anyway, up at 7am, nice hotel breakfast and hotdog it down to the waterfront to catch the 9am tour to Robben Island. Unfortunately, we had not prebooked and there were no spots until next Monday. Oh well🤷‍♀️, we missed out on that one, never mind.

    Spectacular morning and not many people down at the waterfront. Got great photos of Table Mountain. Bought tickets for the Hop on hop off bus which took us to the Kirstenbosch Gardens and spent a lovely couple of hours there. Back on the bus and it was a scenic journey back up the coastline to the waterfront .

    Decided against doing the other route on the bus as part of it goes over the same route so elected to do the short harbour cruise and canal cruise. Saw some seals playing close to the boat but I was not quick enough to get pictures.

    Meet up with our travel group this evening. So glad we came a day early as last night we felt like zombies but with all the walking today (13.5km) it has certainly blown the cobwebs out. A great start!
    Read more