Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Kruger

    October 2, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Very early start with 7am flight from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg (1.5hrs), then another flight to Nelspruit (30mins), then another hour and a half bus ride to Kruger National Park. We were picked up in the safari trucks to take us to our lodges - Shishangeni Lodge. We had only travelled for 10 minutes and we had already seen impalas, warthogs, giraffes, elephants, hippos, zebra, a cheetah, a hornbill bird and some other birds that I can't remember the name of. Amazing, and we had not even done a game drive yet.

    The lodges are very nice, very private. In fact you can have a bath or shower overlooking the bush. There was even an impala looking in the window at us when we arrived at our room.

    The late afternoon game drive was awesome. In addition to the animals already mentioned, we also saw a crocodile, rhinos, the magnificent kudu with its twisty horns, and saw the hippos, elephants and cheetahs close up. To finish off the drive we stopped for sundowners (drinks in the bush at sunset.) It was all a great experience and can't wait until tomorrow to do it all again.
    Read more