Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Final day in India

    October 30, 2019 in India ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    We are returning to Delhi from Jaipur for our return flights home but stopping halfway overnight to stay at Patan Mahal in a rural past of India. We arrived in the village of Patan where we had to transfer from the bus to camel cart (Or you could walk) for the few hundred metres to the hotel. We were accompanied by all the kids in Patan - felt a bit like we were in a zoo being watched by the locals.

    Built in the late 1700's, this palace has been turned into a heritage hotel and while it certainly is not modern, it is very spacious. We have a room on the top floor (3rd floor, no lifts, steep ramps) and is bigger than some 2 bed apartments I've seen.

    Had a walking tour of the village and as we walked out the gate, excited children's voices said "here they come". I don't think many tour groups come through here so we are a novelty to the town. As a group, donations of supplies (pens etc.) are given to the school.

    Our final night in India we were treated to a gala dinner with a display of Indian dancing and music. Another buffet meal - I think we are buffeted out by now. Packed or bags and prepared for the long flight home. So it's Goodbye India!
    Read more